Today, I have been married to my best friend Tim for three years. The past three years have gone by crazy fast. Marriage has been totally not what I expected, it is so much more than anyone can describe. It’s really great if you actually like your husband and want to spend time with him, like I do. We have so much fun together, yet Tim can handle my crazy. Super important. I love being with Tim and I can’t imagine my life without him. I know everyone thinks that they have the best husband in the world, but you’re wrong and you know it. 🙂 I just know that I am so lucky to have a man who is so kind, so caring and giving. I know, I got some of the last of a dying breed. I am so happy and loving my life and wouldn’t change a thing. A lot of people made comments that we were too young to get married. We were young. But I wouldn’t have waited another second. We have grown up together. Looking back at our wedding photos, we were babies! I love it. We could have waited until I was done with school, we didn’t. Tim was there when I had to stay up late working on AutoCad. We could have waited until we had it all together, especially two dimes. We didn’t. Our first year, I don’t even know how we paid the bills. Seriously. We had no money. Taco Bell was a treat. I’ve been thinking about all the fun stuff we’ve done over the past six of us being together and would like to reminisce for a second.
- Our first “big deal thing” was Austin City Limits in 2005. I bought us tickets for Tim’s birthday. We went for Coldplay, but saw Arcade Fire, the Black Keys, Death Cab for Cutie, which at the time, were nobodies.
- Married in 2008, went on a 15 day cruise to Hawaii. It was aaaamazing.
- Moved into our first place, a GHETTO loft on the South side of Dallas.
- After a year in the ghetto, we decided that East Dallas was where we belonged, we moved off Lower Greenville.
- Started our bike club on Thursdays.
- Summer 2010, Tim’s mom took us to Canada for about 10 days. It was also his cousin’s wedding. It was beautiful there.
- Tim got a promotion with his company in Fort Worth.
- October 2010, we bought our first house and moved to a new city, Fort Worth!
- Finally, after 9 years I graduated from school with my Interior Design degree!
- We went to Europe for my graduation trip and my parent’s 35th wedding anniversary.
- We’re just living it up!
- and yea, still no babies. I’m not pregnant. Sad to my parents, I know.
We have been so blessed and have had so much fun. As we laid in bed last night, we decided we can make it to 75 years. That is the advantage of getting married so young people! Goals! I will be 99, Tim will be 96. I’m just sure we will be crazy.
I just wanted to share some of my rehearsal dinner and wedding. It’s so easy to forget and I wanted to remember.
We had an 80s rehearsal dinner. If you know me, you know I like to dress up 80s. Don’t know why, my best friend Allison and I started this in college. I’m sure we just loved the attention and it stuck. So I thought it was the perfect way to force people to do what I wanted. I was the bride and since I wanted to make everyone dress up, it was the required attire. Everyone wanted to anyways.
Our wedding was at my dad’s church. I had just finished designing it, so I was super proud of it.
I painted my own isle runner.
My wedding party.
Tim sang to me at the wedding:
Timothy, I’m crazy about you and love you so much. I’m so blessed to have you as a husband. I can’t wait to spend the next 72 years with you. Happy Anniversary!